From:
Richard E Leber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 11:29:44 EDT
I am new to this form of instant communication (E-mail) with individuals
scattered around the country and the other side of the globe, but after a
couple of weeks reading the traffic on BEE-L there is no hesitation to
adding in my two cents worth.

Three recent mailings the first requesting titles for reference texts,
the next concerning ill tempered hives and the last mentioned 'wave
cloths' referencing the Aebi's books have provided the opportunity for my
first input.  I have both "The Art & Adventure of BEEKEEPING" and
"Mastering the Art of BEEKEEPING" by Ormond and Harry Aebi (signed and
dated by the authors).

I can highly recommend, and often do, the excellent reading of both of
these 'down home story' books with their parables.  They are
out-of-print, but can be found in our public library here in Mobile,
Alabama and I am sure available through many library systems.  If you
want to add "The Art & ..." to your reference stack the only option is to
write Ormond and request a autographed copy ( if I remember right less
than $20, hard cover, 180 pages).

Contact:  Ormond Aebi, 710  17th Avenue, Santa Cruz, California  95062
                 Telephone 408-475-2065

Rick Leber, Beekeeping Since 1987
Mobile, Alabama