Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 22:10:35 -0500
I have just caught my first swarm of bees off of a tree in my front yard. I
am from Illinois and was wondering if the lack of blooming plant life would
warrant a supplement to their diet, and if so what would it be? I am
presently keeping the bees in a 21" by 20" wooden main box and plan to put
some sort of super on it with frames extending downward leaving a quarter
inch around the edges. Are these suitable accomodations for my bees?

any reply would be appreciated

Fran Frymire
PO Box 132
Enfield, IL  62835