From:
Dave Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:55:03 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Allen Dick
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>  While it seems I do recall more chalkbrood
>around the outer edges, it seems to me that chalkbrood can as easily
>be found in the centre of the middle brood comb.

Yup. What I've never understood is why it can be dotted around affecting
individual larvae. Surely if its because you've chilled the brood (or
upped the humidity) the whole patch on the whole comb will be spoilt ?
Isn't more likely the bees missed cleaning the spores off that
particular larva ?
--
Dave Black
Blacks Bee Gardens,