Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John A Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 11:47:39 -0500
Bill, It is possible that a feral colony took over or a supercedure
occured but due to the season and the lack of ferals now this appears less
likely.  One possibility is that in the queens initial mating flight she
mated with drones that manifest dark color. Sperm that had been stored
inside the queen in her spematheca may now be from dark drones while
previously sperm came from "yellow" Italian drones. What kind of bee stock
are you using now? If you have some Italians and some Carniolans, this
could be a clue.  Do your neighboring beekeepers use any different color
stock?

Grins, John

John A. Skinner           218 Ellington Hall
Extension Apiculturist    University of Tennessee
[log in to unmask]          Knoxville, TN  37901   (423)974-7138