HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
M H Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M H Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:09:11 +0000
With apologies for cross-posting:

  ***     ***   NEW IDEAS IN POSTMEDIEVAL ARCHAEOLOGY   ***     ***

                    ***   CALL FOR PAPERS   ***

The 1998 Autumn Meeting of the Society for Post-Medieval Archaeology is
entitled 'New Ideas in Post-Medieval Archaeology'.  It will be hosted by
the Department of Archaeology at the University of Durham, England, and
will take place on Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 September.

We invite offers of papers on any aspect of material culture, architecture
or landscape of the period 1500-1800.  We are keen to receive offers of
papers on both British and world archaeology.  We encourage contributors
to discuss new approaches to their field of study.

Papers will be 20-30 minutes long, and emphasis will be on discussion and
debate.  We hope to be able to fit all contributions in, but if necessary
abstracts will be peer reviewed.

The conference fee will be 30 pounds waged, 14 pounds unwaged.  Overnight
accommodation will be available at one of the Durham colleges, at a rate
to be announced.  Limited floor space for unwaged participants will be
available.  The conference is open to all, both members and non-members of
the Society, and we are keen to solicit papers and encourage participation
from all areas and levels of the discipline.

Abstracts (1-200 words long) should be sent to:  Matthew Johnson,
Conference Organising Committee, Department of Archaeology, University of
Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, U.K.  (fax 0191 374 3619; email
[log in to unmask]).  The deadline for submission of abstracts is 14
May 1998, but we encourage participants to get in touch as son as
possible.

Dr Matthew H Johnson
Dept of Archaeology
University of Durham