HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karolyn Smardz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 00:44:31 -0400
Dear Vergil:

Thanks for the chance to take part.  I have (at 40!) returned to do a
doctorate in history after 17 years in public and historical archaeology (I
used to run the Toronto program) and would love to keep my archaeological
hand in, as it were.

My particulars are as follows:

Karolyn E. Smardz
Box C-9, RR #2
Singhampton, Ontario  N0C 1M0
(519)922-3421
(519)922-3461 fax
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

I am also a Senior Research Fellow with the Institute for Minnesota
Archaeology, and serve as Manager, Public Archaeology and Heritage Services,
IMA Consulting, Inc.  (Yeah, the commute is something else!).

My particular field of expertise is public archaeology.  Also
urban, especially mid-to-late 19th century
African-Canadian/African-American urban sites
immigrant housing of the 19th century
rural to urban transition

Thanks again,
Karolyn