HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 20:10:08 +0100
At Buckinghamshire County Museum, we are inputting our accession
registers, and back in 1913 someone gave us a silver balsamena from
Malta.  In the intervening years, it's surely become one of the numerous
objects which no longer have their numbers securely attached.

But we've no idea what a Balsamena _is_?  Top of the pole so far is a
kind of vinaigrette (the bottle, not the carraige).  The OED has failed
us ... can you help?
--
Pat Reynolds
Keeper of Social History, Buckinghamshire County Museum