HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 06:59:44 -0700
Smoke Pfeiffer wrote:

> I am updating my Directory of Archaeological Societies and Journals for 1997.
> This is the third annual revision.  It will be distributed about the first of
> June to the list owners of Arch-L, HistArch, and Artifact as well as Brian
> Kenny and Hugh Jarvis to update the version on their websites.  It has grown t
> the point that Canada and Australia have their own sections.  I can e-mail an
> ASSCII version to anyone who wants a copy of the current version to check and
> see if their societies and Journals are listed and that the listing is
> current.  I have been updating the master copy with information sent to me and
> garnered off the lists since the 1996 version was distributed a year ago.  I a
> including each societies: name, address, phone, fax, e-mail, website, name of
> journal & how often it is published (annual, semi-annual, quarterly, ect.) the
> name of the newsletter & how often it is published. Some of the smaller
> societies do not have their own phone, fax, e-mail or website. No problem. I
> will just list what you do have.
>
> Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer
> USDA Forest Service
> Ozark-St. Francis National Forest
> 605 West Main Street
> Russellville, Arkansas  72801-3614
> (501) 968-2354  Ext.233           DG  M.Pfeiffer:R08F10A
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]
> Fax: (501)964-7518

S. Pfeiffer:

Don't know if you have this one or not?

Society: Nevada Archaeological Society
Address: c/o Susan Murphy, Executive Secretary
         9785 Tropical Parkway
         Las Vegas, NV  89129
Phone:   (702) 895-1411
Journal: Nevada Archaeologist (annual)
Newletter: In-Situ (quarterly)

The society is a statewide organization for avocational, professional
and interested public since 1972. No fax, e-mail, or website at this
time.  Thanks.....ww