HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dudley Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:59:42 -0600
In general if the stratigraphy dates to the post war era--then the
Japanese wares maybe are part of a post war shipment of trade goods that
may have been warehoused instead of exported during the war.--There were
manufactured surpluses exported post 1945--.  If they were manufactured
post 1945--as you know--hey read "Made in Occupied Japan."  This appears
on the ceramics I believe until 1952?  As to the makers mark--if you
learn anything please let me know--Dudley Gardner --