HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rick Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:32:26 -0400
More on "Fire Bombs"

one "Fire Bomb" has been cross mended into a baseball sized glob,
a "local expert" describe them as having been filled with fire suppressing
chemical which was then thrown on a kitchen or house fire.

The context in which the thin glass fragments are being recovered is more
what I would expect of chimney glass as many of you suggested. I like the
idea of urinal glass, would they be used like chamber pots?

Thanks for everybodys ideas (more are welcome) but has anybody ever heard
of a glass "Fire Bomb" from the 1700s or 1800s ??

I will post my findings if the list is interested

Thanks again,
Rick Morris