HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
MR ARTHUR A REITER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:35:47 -0500
Dear Jane,
   thank you for the reply and inquiry. As I stated to Mike Polk, my
question was more a theoretical one. It does, however have some basis
in fact. At some cemeteries I have visited, it seems to be the
favorite game of vandals to tip over and/or remove older
headstones/monuments. I'm sure this happens at many other cemeteries,
but it is distressing to me in an acedemic sense and somewhat
personally, too. The discussion on footstones and the direction
bodies are interred prompted my question, but only for the purposes
of illustrating archaeological methods (which you have done) for
those who use this forum to learn. Apologies if my question was
simplistic and the answers apparent, but that was the purpose. As to
what I am doing,...no, I am not studying a cemetery, much as it might
be fun. I study adobe when I'm given half the chance! Dirt is fun.
Joanne.