From:
Harry Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 13:05:11 -0500

> My question is
>that there two large chemical plants within 1 mile of his location.
>Could the honey become contaminated or am I worrying about nothing.
>
>Bill Hughes
>Bent Holly Honey Farm
>Brighton, Tennessee  USA

The air's polluted most everywhere. Your plant might be the cleanest in
the world but I wouldn't want to find out that honey I'm eating comes
from there. My bees are in a commercial *organic* garden but who
knows what the neighbors are spraying around their houses.
Diazinon, malathion, dursban etc. Chemical plants usually produce
dioxin, a by-product of chlorine bleach or #3 plastic (pvc). It's
worse than ddt. 90% of Dioxin we're exposed to comes from meat
and dairy products. It collects in fat.
Who knows what's in our honey. If my bees are where I live then
it shouldn't make too much difference.
Do you know where your vegies are grown? Do you drink tap water?
We all buy or use some products that contribute to the polluting
of this planet (and ouselves) , and we will until we decide it's not worth
it.

Harry Sweet
N. California