From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 20:28:00 GMT
This is the last article I could find from San Diego, California. This
area is one of very good bee pasture and is used by many commercial and
hobbyist beekeepers who migrate with thousands of hives in and out of the
area.

It is located about 90 miles from the coast. I have not seen any reports
how these bees came to be checked, or if they were at all aggressive.

                        ttul Andy-
Buzz Buzz Buzz

Africanized honey bees have buzzed their way into San Diego County,
according to the Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures. Two
samples of the so -called "killer bees" were taken from the Anza-Borrego
Desert State Park, and county officials say they are not surprised by
the find since the bees have already been sighted in nearby Riverside
County. Since scientists consider the 20-mile radius of a find to be
Africanized, the county warns that all desert visitors should take
precautions against the bees. In the past six years, these stingers
have been blamed for four deaths in the Southwest.
---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... Nor will a bee buzz round two swelling peaches,