From:
Bob & Jo Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:48:51 -0500
Excerpts from BEE-L wrote:

> Well, Best of Bee has been going several weeks now, with much thanks
> to Nick who carried the ball while I was away at the ABF meeting. We
> currently have 86 on the list!
>
> We're wondering how you are enjoying the list so far, and if you
> have suggestions for improvement in any area.
>
> Particularly, we are wondering about what type of material to pass
> along.  We have so far tended to edit out excessive quotes, personal
> posts, facetious comments, emotional outbursts, and posts of a really
> basic nature or which are redundant.
>
> It is in regard to the last items that we are uncertain, since we
> understand that we have a varied audience to serve.  On the one hand,
> experts and researchers may not need to see all the basic stuff, but
> on the other, we do not want to get so narrow in our focus that we
> serve only a few people.
>
> In that vein, we wonder if it would help to classify posts by codes
> in the subject line such as 'H' for hobby, 'G' for general interest,
> 'Sc' for science, etc.  It would be more work for us, and we would
> not do it unless there is demand.
>
> Please reply to this post *only* if you have constructive comments
> and think change is needed.  We appreciate all the compliments we
> have received, but here we are looking for criticism.
>
> TIA.
>
> BTW, Please pardon the inaccurate help files that are sent when you
> subscribe.  I'll fix them as soon as I can figure out how :)

As a beginner I would like to see all "basic" information that is on the
list. Of course if there is a FAQ that already clearly answers a
question then that fact should be posted to.
1)Perhaps I should subscribe to the full list, how do I go about
subscribing?
2)Is there a Bee-L FAQ?

Thanks for a great job! I like what I've seen so far....

Bob Wood---->[log in to unmask]>http://www.voicenet.com/~rwood