From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 15:55:03 +0100
Vladimir Ptacek wrote:

> As far as I know creeamed honey is a special form of crystallized honey
> which has very fine crystals and tastes (physically) like a cream or
> butter. Even the same kind of honey e.g. from the oil raps (Brassica
> napus L.) can be in three basic forms: 1 - the liquid (immediatelly after
> extraction), 2 - crystallized (if left untouched longer time) with large
> and rough crystals, and finely 3 - the creamed one (when moved during the
> crystalization) which has small crystals indistinquishable in mouth.

There is a patented process to make creamed honey by adding small
bubbles
of nitrogen (or carbon dioxide, not sure of which) to liquid honey. Air
is not used because it can create oxidation and other unsuitable changes
in the product. The liquid honey in this spread will crystallize between
the bubbles just like in other crystallization processes. I'm not sure
if
it is legal to sell this spread as honey when something is added to it.
There are strict regulations here in Europe at least for what may be
sold
as honey.

But I belive this is not what most of us think of. At least not in this
part
of the world. The word creamed is often used for honey that has no air
or
other gas mixed in. It is not needed either to produce a honey that has
so small
crystalls that they are impossible to discover without a microscope with
polarized light.

When crystallizing honey with the Ekobi method you will not be able to
feel
any crystalls in the honey. It will appear just like butter.

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden
[log in to unmask]    http://www.kuai.se/~beeman/