From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 08:47:38 -0600
> To take this a step further, we raise our own queens and have
> contemplated just putting a cell in both halves and letting nature
> take its course.

We've done this and it is the most elegant solution, since one does
not have to go out in the rain to look for eggs on the appointed
day, but we are paying for cells, whether we raise them or buy them,
and at the time of year that we are doing the splits, good cells
don't come cheap. We only do it when we have surplus cells, and we
always use cell protectors -- allows us to do it all in one visit.

BTW, are you using the pails that I saw at the Co-op for spring dry
pollen substitute feeding?  Any comments on how good they are?

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>