From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:05:59 -0700
Yes, this is a research paper in the making and we plan lots of further
investigations for next spring.  But I promise, full publication.

Someone asked about reps, in the initial test, we smoked 3 colonies,
skipped 4 (that got some drift).  Degree of response and length depended
on how much smoke actually got into the colony (qualitative observation -
this was a quick and dirty trial).  Next step, develop a calibrated smoker
so we can get some idea of just how much smoke (or other chemical) was
injected.

I will post some examples to the web, but right now I am wrapping bees in
MT and have to fly back to MD to close down the tests there.

Oh yes, smoke was cool.  We use plastic front porches with electronics, so
it has to be cool or we cook the counters.

Cheers

Jerry Bromenshenk
http://grizzly.umt.edu/biology/bees