From:
Marcia Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:04:06 -0800
This message is one of many rude responses to a simple question. Steven
tossed out an idea and deserves a reasonable response, not political
ranting. Please, folks, back off. We are cheering for Cherios, hoping for
federal funding for research, so why is it so outrageous to consider
assistance to beekeepers? Farmers and ranchers have been subsidized for
years. In the midst of a crisis in pollinators in this country, Steve's
concept deserves consideration. I'd rather have my tax dollars go toward
beekeeping than bombers. Whether you agree, disagree or want to ponder it,
at least keep the dialogue more civil.

At 05:36 PM 10/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> With all the problems of low bee populations, I wonder if the
>Federal Gov.
>has any programs to help beginning beekeepers.  I started with two
>hives this
>year and plan to expand next year.  This can be expensive and will be
>done
>slowly  unless there is some type of program available.
>Steven Albritton
>LDS Communications, Sports America, Chavin Honey Farms
>Monroe, Louisiana>
>
>The above message states the main problem we have and that is people
>looking to the all mighty Federal Gov. to solve all of our problems.
>I started out a couple of years ago with just 7 hives and have built
>that number up to 50.  I did not run to the Feds with my hand out to
>take other peoples money to spend.  If you want to be a producer then
>PRODUCE.
>
>Bill Hughes
>Bent Holly Honey Farms
>Brighton, TN USA