From:
John Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 03:19:23 GMT
On Mon, 23 Dec 1996 13:53:51 +1000, you wrote:

>>>Some one else said <snip> could also filter messages by sender's name.
>>Please explain filter messages. What benefit can I get from this
>
>Filtering is a very handy feature.  Any good e-mail package should have it
>but may use a different term for it.
>
>I use Eudora-Pro so I will describe it as used by that package.

Another nice program, available free to individuals, is Free Agent.
It's a very nice newsreader (its primary function) and also does a
super job on e-mail.  Free Agent:

-Allows you to create any number of folders; I use one inbox for
general mail; one called BeeList; one called recipes; one called
FlightMed; one called E-Med; etc.

-Select which filter in-bound mail will automatically be diverted to

-Spell check

-Reply to e-mail and newsgroups

-encode and decode binary e-mail attachments

-set up multiple signatures

-address book

-much, much,  more

If anyone is interested, I can 'coach' you, via e-mail, on setting up
filters.

It's available from - http://www.forteinc.com/agent

-- John Taylor --
Wild Rose Creek Apiary
Southeast Missouri

When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!