From:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 22:38:13 -0500
        I was at my friend's house today to put our honey in containers (i
keep my hive there). So we went out to check on the kids and sure enough
they were down inside keeping warm, somewhat clustered, but still moving
fairly fast. That was a good thing to see and hear.

        It was snowing, but warm, maybe 35F and it hasn't gotten colder
than 20F adn most days the last month or so have been up around 40-50F. I
figure they'd been fairly active since it hasn't been that cold. I left
them around two deeps for the winter, but with it being so warm though
they may need some. I gave them a 3/4 full division board feeder, thinking
they'd take what they needed. Was this a bad thing? Am I going to spur the
queen into egg laying when she shouldn't for a few more months? When I
went back out to put the feeder back in they had started to fly from the
winter hole I have in the shallow super I have on specifically for the
hole.

AND

        Adam Finkelstein, drop me a line if you're out there...

Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |        ***ALERT  shameless plug  ALERT***
The Internet Cafe         |
Scranton, Pennsylvania    |         ASK ME FOR A COPY OF WEBPHONE!!!
(717) 344-1969            |        (or try www.scranton.com/webphone)
                    URL => http://www.scranton.com