From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 01:28:00 GMT
>   infections, use the same product all the time,  use uneven or haphazard
>   doses, then throw the half-empty package in the truck til next year,
>   etc.).

I would add a little more on TM..

Lucky for us this material does change if not stored properly, and most
of the time it is very easy to detect when it has been open to air,
excessive heat, light, or moisture, and time. It will change to a
very ugly color, and get lumpy if mishandled and held open in high
humidity environments. At least what is sold here for bees will. I know
from that 40 years experience using the stuff. Each individual package
should also be imprinted with a lot number and expiration date and the
product should be returned if out dated, and if any of the above
symptoms are present. The manufacture will gladly replace it or refund
your money as they are concerned with your satisfaction and the louser
in several big law suits over the years that has given them a customer
is always right attitude.

It is also well to remember that there are several other antibiotics that
will work just as well for propylic treatment of bees that have been
lab and field tested but never registered, (at least in the US), such as
Aureomycin, and Tylosian, (excuse the bad spelling) and several others I
won't mention.
                            ttul Andy-
---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... Where bee-hives range on a gray bench in the garden,