From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 20:01:24 GMT
       The majority of beekeepers keep bees because they are fascinated by
bees and by beekeeping.  We could buy honey in a store and save ourselves
money.
     When each of us started keeping bees, we learned what we had to do to
keep them alive and healthy.  Real old timers could probably tell us about
things they did to bee colonies that are no longer done today.  When I
started keeping bees in the early 1970's, American foulbrood was the big
worry.  Foulbrood does not seem to be as big a problem in the 90's.
      If you start keeping bees this year, you will learn how to keep your
colonies healthy.  With timely and proper care, bee colonies thrive.  That
has not changed.
Tim Sterrett
Westtown, (Southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA