From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 07:03:17 -0600
> Allen Dick wrote of the hives in his back yard being "tamer" than
> those in his "bee yard," noting that there was more human activity
> in his back yard.

Sorry.  I did not say that.  Someone else did.  (The quote function on
many mailers tends to confuse attributions after a few replies on a
topic).

I have never noticed the phenomenon cited , although perhaps there
is some truth to the anecdotes.  I read recently that wave cloths are
used in the yards of Brazillian? AHB yards to make the bees used to
movement.

When people say, "But the bees get to know you" in reference to the
number of stings I receive.  I answer, "I certainly hope not".  Think
about it...

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>