From:
baxter YAZBEK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 23:15:25 +-200
Eric Abell wrote
>No way I am going to get into the middle of this but you suggest that brood
>can be treated with Formic acid.  It has been my understanding that the acid
>will not kill the mites beneath the capping.  If you have a way to treat the
>brood with Formic acid would you please elaborate.

we have had the mite for more than 14 years now. and to my knowledge formic acid is one of the few chemicals that kills the mites inside capped brood cells.  evaporiting formic acid can be done with the nassenheider evoporator or you can simply dip a piece of thick paper in the formic acid and place on top of the supper to be treated.
Our experience tells that the quantity to be used largely depends on the temperature.

Baxter Yazbek
beirut Lebanon - Middle east
fax 961.1.890085