Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 00:23:02 -0700
Steve Creasy wrote:

"I would be very thankful if someone could E-mail me directly with
instructions for building an
escape board.  I used the small plastic kind this year, and they tended to
get clogged.  Thank
you so much in advance!"

Save your time and energy on building these.

I got mine from Brushy Mountain Bee supply for $8.25 plus shipping.
1-800-233-7929  (Just a happy customer)

For a small apiary, these work great. For example, I put the escape boards
on a Friday,  take off the supers in the early Sat AM without disturbing
the hive, extract the honey Saturday daytime, put the supers back on over
queen excluder Sat afternoon to let the bees clean up the wet combs. 2 days
later I put the escape board back on to remove the bees, then remove the
dry supers for winter storage.

Tim Sterrett:

     "But note that Allen says that a good honey flow is necessary for this
method to work.  Many of us wait to extract until honey flows are long gone.
Tipping supers might excite our bees to robbing of historic dimensions!"

I agree.  Here in Southern Calif, there are periods of nectar drought.
Leaving supers out would create bee mayham in my neighborhood.  The media
would be sure to arrive on my doorstep with rumors of "Killer Bees"  and I
would end up on the 6 O'Clock news.!!   :)

Paul Cronshaw DC
Santa Barbara CA