Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 18:18:42 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
Gerry Visel wrote:

> BBirkey's (bbirkey%interaccess.com) Homepages have regular hive dimensions, and He could
> probably be talked into posting observation hive plans.  Check out the Beekeeper Homepage
> at http://weber.u.washington.edu/%7Ejlks/bee.html for some info on Beekeeper FAQs, of
> which there is one on observation hives (HINT.131)
>
> Good luck!
> Gerry Visel
> [log in to unmask]
> (815) 226-6620
> (815) 394-5438 or -2827 (fax)

Hi Gerry -

I've had plans to do up drawings on an observation hive and make them available but I'm still trying to figure out what
would be the best all around hive style. (Two or three frame, pivot or stationary, top or front loading) I've been
watching with interest the information that's been said. I have a good friend that uses a two frame hive when he does
talks and he likes it quiet well but he would like me to make one that loads from the front, not the top. If anyone would
like to email me with their experience on observation hives (pros and cons) I would welcome it. There seems to be
basically two types of hives that get mentioned. Ones that are very portable and ones that are designed to be kept
at/in one place. I'm interested in doing plans for the "mobile" type. Having not had first hand experience with an
observation hive, I need to rely on others who have had experience to mention the shortfalls of poor design. In order
not to break copyright laws, I need to make my own drawings if I am to have them available on the web. Maybe I need
to talk further with you about your setup. Anyway, that's where I'm at.

-Barry

--

Barry Birkey
 West Chicago, Illinios  USA
 [log in to unmask]
 http://www.birkey.com

ATOM RSS1 RSS2