From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 20:32:40 -0800
Vince Coppola wrote:

>         Success ? Perhaps. What you have are emergency cells. Doolittle
> told us 100 years ago that these produce inferior queens.

This is not neccesarily so, as has been discussed in the past.  If you go through the four days after the
queen is lost, and remove all sealed cells, you will have only queens raised as such from hatching onward.
They will be no different than any other properly raised queen.  I have seen the difference between normal
emergency queens (small, sad looking) and 'high graded' emergency queens (large top quality layers) more
than once.

--
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good."  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Tom Elliott
Eagle River, Alaska