From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 11:02:01 -0500
I recieved this notice today from a good source and am sharing it with this group. How
can anyone be totally sure if it is real or not. I would rather be safe myself. For what it's
worth, this is it. This is for the PC users.

Information on Virus 2
Subject: New and Dangerous Viruspp For your information ...
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FILE NAMED PKZIP300 REGARDLESS OF THE EXTENSION
WARNING!!!!! Read the following and take note for those of you who access the web and
ftp sites. . . BEWARE....  Notify your friends and family and total strangers too!!!  We don't
want to deal with anything like this what-so-ever!!! A NEW Trojan Horse Virus has emerged
on the internet with the name PKZIP300.ZIP, so named as to give the impression that
this file is a new version of the PKZIP software used to "ZIP" (compress) files. DO NOT
DOWNLOAD this file under any circumstances!!! If you install or expand this file, the virus
WILL wipe your hard disk clean and affect modems at 14.4 and higher. This is an extremely
destructive virus and there is NOT yet a way of cleaning up this one. REPEAT: DO NOT
DOWNLOAD ANY FILE NAMED PKZIP300 REGARDLESS OF THE EXTENSION

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois   USA