Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 18:45:39 -0500
7bit
From:
"Dr. Pedro Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO?  I HAD TWO BIRDS, AND THE FEMALE
> LAID 3 EGGS, SHE THEN DIED AND KNOW THE MALE IS TAKING CARE OF THEM.  HE IS
> DOING PRETTY WELL, IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I COULD HELP HIM, OR MAKE IT EASIER
> ON HIM TO BRING THEM UP?
>
> CHEEKO ALI
Dear Mr. Cheeko:
Male birds(with rare exceptinons) do participate in the upbringing of
their broods. In fact, in some cases only the males take care of
harvesting food for the brood while the female is a virtual captive
in the nest (ex.: some hornbills) On the other hand, some birds are
very finicky about their nests and brood; if disturved they may abandon
their eggs and quit incubating them. Since you did not mention what kind
of birds you have, I can not tell you if yours will. But since yours
seems to be doing well, your best bet is to make sure that your bird
has plenty of food and water available so tht he does not have to stay
way from his nest too long (he wont anyway!) to make sure that he
stays in good health.
Good luck with your "bird watching" and Happy Holidays.
P.S.: Please let me know what happens in the end.
Dr. Pedro Rodriguez