From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 16:05:27 GMT

>   Pollen in the honey is demanded by many consumers.  They don't want the
>fine filtering of supermarket honey, so as to save the pollen.  "Raw" honey
>has a shorter shelf life, as it will crystallize quicker.
>

>Say Dave
>     Does the statement above mean that crystallized raw honey is bad
> and should be taken off the shelf.
>  I hope  not as a pervayor of 100 % RAW Hawaii Honey I sell a
> lot of crystallized honey to customers who recognize crystallized
> honey as the only sure way to know that the honey is raw and
>unprocessed and better for
>them from a health stand point.
>Aloha Walter

I agree that 'raw' honey crystallized faster but this has nothing to do with
the shelf life unless it is identified as liquid honey.

I have no objection to customers believing that crystallized honey is the
only way to know that it is raw and unprocessed but lets be clear that this
is not factual.  Surely it depends upon what is meant by 'processing' but
given enough time most (and perhaps all) honey will crystalize.

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada
(403) 998 3143