Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 05:55:39 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
>I am looking for information on a bee that does well in a greenhouse           
>situation.  I have heard that perhaps this would be a "Blue Orchard Bee",      
>"A Blue Bee", etc. Any information would be helpful. (As I am new on the       
>list please answer to my e-mail directly if this subject has been visited      
>before.) Thanks!                                                               
Sally,                                                                          
        Probably the Osmea genus.  Try Agr. Res (USDA) 35:7. p. 10-11. 1987.    
Also The Director, Hort. Exp. Sta., Iitoyo, Kitakami, Iwate 024, Japan,         
where they raise Osmea cornuta--"Horn-faced" blue bees.                         

Dick Strohl                                                                     
2648 Inglewood Ave. S.                                                          
St. Louis Park, MN 55416-3928                                                   
[log in to unmask]                                                   

ATOM RSS1 RSS2