Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 07:31:09 -0400
  REGARDING           RE>Double layer drawn found

Jim Moore writes:
>...couple frames had the fondation drawn with a small
>portion with two layers. Size: about 2x4 inches oval.

>     My quess is that this was encouraged by the queen
>cage initially. The frames have sealed brood at this
>point, some of it drone cells.

>        If it were honey supers I assume I would cut out
>the uneven/two layer parts to make extracting possible.
>Since it is in the brood chamber what is the procedure?

>        Do I cut it out? If so when? The frames are wire
>reneforced vertically with end pin support.

Yup. You cut it out, and as soon as possible.  Sometimes this seems a shame,
when there is some nice brood in the doubled portion of the frame.  But the
frame will only get worse from here on if you leave the doubled part in
place.  It will cause the bees to make the neighboring frames misshapen as
well, and give you trouble ever after when trying to put these frames in
another location.  Also, the way it is now, the queen can hide in the
irregular portion, and perhaps queen cells can be hidden in there as well.

Ted Fischer