From:
Tim Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 14:35:02 PDT
---------------Original Message---------------
Hey guys,

Do you really want to be pouring gasoline and diesel fuel into the ground
to kill ants?  You know that you will end up drinking the gas one of
these days don't you?  It is even less logical to ignite the fuel, as
there is insuficient oxygen in the ground to burn, all you get is a nice
visible flame, but you do reverse some of the damage you have done.  if
you want to pour something in the ground use boiling water.  It will kill
the ants and not harm the ground water.

The only problem with this idea is that if your twenty miles from home
and at you fourth yard of the day it can be somewhat difficult to
find a kettle, let alone a plug in.

Another thing of note is that there are alot of micro organisms that
just seem to love petroleum products, here in Alberta with the large
amount of oilfield work that goes on, it sometimes happens that some oil
gets spilled, and its kind of interesting that the next year thats the
greenest grass around, so as far as polluting the ground, I have to
disagree, I'm only advising using a little diesel on the ants ( 2-4
liters) not a truck load. :)

TPLR HONEY FARMS
Tim Townsend
RR 1 Stony Plain Alberta