From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 07:27:10 -0500
Somebody once told me you can put a hive on an old tire/rim from an auto,
with a rope attached.  Then every day pull the rope and move the hive a few
feet until you reach the destination.  Takes away the problem of lifting to
shift positions, as the wheel will slide over the ground if fairly level.
Then landmarks like wood or whatever can be gradually moved along with the
hive.  I once used an old kiddie pool (plastic) which was bright yellow and
turned upside down, placed a couple of feet in front of the hive.  The bees
will really home in on something big like that!