Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Franklin D. Humphrey Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 00:28:39 GMT
At 05:46 PM 6/21/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Tom Allen wrote:
>>
>> to be sure there is no one cure for allergiesand perhaps really none.
>>
>> However for over 60 years I suffered from asthma in all parts of the country.
>> There were a number of things that seemed to contribute:- fatigue, stress,
>> tree pollen (especially white pine) molds and yeasts, ragweed. When fatigued
>> the yeast in beers and breads were sure poison. About three summers ago
>> including this year I suddenly noticed that I had no allergies although
>> considerable stress. I began to try to figure out what was so different. Then
>> I realized thzt I was consuming a lot of local honey from my own hives and
>> others on my property. Also I was getting stung pretty often with myu
>> amateurish handling of my hives.
>> Maybe there is more than fiction in the stories about honey introducing
>> minute quantities of allergens into our blood stream and tending to build up
>> immunity to local
>> allergens.I have only travelled one year in this period but that was during
>> the ski season so it hardly counts.But even then I could have beer and home
>> made breads with no ill effect.
>>
>> So simply something had turned my life around. Any body want to exchange
>> notes on this subject.
>
>My experience is similar to yours.  My problem was severe sinus problems
>with headsplitting headaches.  I started beekeeping about 20 years ago
>and have had only minor problems since.  I contributed the change to
>numerous stings and honey consumption.  I have regular honey customers
>that want local honey and claim the same results.
>
>Vic Kroenke

For years I've heard people say that raw local honey taken daily would help
allergies.  Recently I've been hearing that some allergist are advising
their patients to take raw local honey each day.  I heard all this and took
it with the proverbial grain of salt.

I have a vanity tag on my pickup that reads B KEEPR and recently,  I was in
a drive thru line waiting to be served and this lady came up and started
banging on my window.  When I asked what she wanted, she asked how soon I
could sell her some unfiltered honey.  I told her I had some in the truck
that had been strained.  She said she was a nurse in an allergist office and
he recommended raw unfiltered honey produced within 50 miles, for pollen
allergies.  She even wanted me to save 3 quarts straight from the extractor
without straining.  I now have several customers like this one and get new
ones all the time.

So maybe there is something to this.  A lot of the old remedies are starting
to be proven true.

Frank Humphrey
Frank Humphrey