Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kiyoshi Kimura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 12:20:49 +0300
At  3:02 96.3.22 +0000, Andy Nachbaur wrote:
>             ----------------------------------------
>             ----------------------------------------
>* The OLd Drone found this road kill on the internet highway using a
>text search engine. I do believe that something was lost in the
>translation as it is just a little hard to believe, skept'ic I must
>bee....But since it is so close to April Fool's day I pass this gas to
>my many beekeeping friends who are smart enough not to be fooled by BS
>..or sometime the facts...   ttul Andy-

Dear Drons, queens and workers,
I am a reseacher in Nationl Institute of Animal Institute, Japan.
 Dr. Amano, head, and I are working for Honeybee genetics and breeding.
As Mr. Nachbaur has reported  on 22th May, Dr. Amano has successfully
made sting-split honeybees by Co60 radiation.  The news is
NOT a joke of April fool's day.  And anything has been lost during
translation precess.
Actuary, sting-split mutant has been reported by Brazilian scientist in
early 80's and known by bee researchers. This mutant has not been
paid any attention because sting is very important for keeping bee in the
forest.
However, in Japan, pollination is the most important acpect of
bee businesses, and such a kind of mutants are on demend for many years.
Dr. Amano found the best condition in which you get nearly 100% sting-split
workers.
Most of sting-split are caused by abnormal development, but some of them
may be caused
by mutation of "gene or genes".
Now he is working to constract strains of sting split honeybees.
Normal Mendelian genetics cannot explain herdity of this characteristics, so
he is also investigating the genetic system of this characteristics.

In Japan, our two are the only researchers working with bees in the
NATIONAL institutes, but
we are very active in bee sciences.  I, mayself , is working for developing
transformation system for bees.  My final goal is to make transgenic honeybees.

Please remind that there is a national bee lab. in Japan.

Kiyoshi Kimura
Lab. Apiculture
Department  of Animal Genetics
National Institute of Animal Industry