Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 18:13:48 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
Re my earlier message regarding bees clustering in front of a hive of           
mine -they were airborne at 3:15PM - by 5:30, I had them hived in a new         
box - about 20 lbs of bees. The hardest part was cutting through 20' of         
blackberry vine in my new beesuit to get to the festooning cluster! I           
noticed not a few drones accompanying the swarm! I am happy to have the         
new hive since I don't currently need the excess honey - but am trying to       
increase the number of hives to make it through next winter and the honey       
flow is just starting and might be an intense one......                         

Regards,                                                                        
Casey Burns                                                                     

(getting 3 beestings a week from my allergist and not reacting!)                

ATOM RSS1 RSS2