Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 07:32:14 +1200
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
I am reluctant to undertake answering the questions put by Mr Patton
because
(1) there are so many of them
(2) I do not feel like acting as Mr Patton's research tool when
everything he asks is available from one source or another
(3) I do not feel there is genuine interest in the answers by Mr
Patton
(4) I'm pretty sure there is not interest by this list

I repeat that if anyone *is* interested, and is not just trying to
put me to a lot of work, I will be happy to correspond by email.

I'll just get you started on your problem re: a statistical survey.
You would need to know the number of hives, make assumptions re:
infectability of the disease, the likelihood of importation, the
weighting of the various vectors of introduction.  Then it really
becomes almost a straight mathematical exercise.

Again, I apologise to the list for the intemperate thread that this
has degenerated into.  On the other hand, I don't want Mr Patton's
writing to leave anyone thinking NZ is trying to hide anything it our
attempts to achieve fair market access.
Nick Wallingford
President - Nat Beekeepers Assn of NZ      (\
home [log in to unmask]                     {|||8-
work [log in to unmask]                     (/