HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David A. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:32:29 -0400
All right...

I'm game for a little debate if everyone else is. I've already put in for a
paper on my shipwreck project, however, so I think I'm only available as a
second author if I remember the rules of the SHA road.

I'm game for a roundtable lunch... we have a lot to talk about concerning
internet communications, GIS, databases, etc. So maybe a session would be
more in order. I would suggest a session where we give tem minute topic
introduction papers followed by open/moderated discussion. Perhaps we could
call it "Digital Theory and Methodology in Archaeology,"  and have five
main sections, Internet, CAD, GIS, Database, and a catchall for "New
frontiers" to get stuff like remote sensing, Nick Rule's WEB, Surfer, etc.

How does that sound?

David Johnson
Archeo-geek and Man About Town