HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"James P. Harcourt" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 06:03:59 +0000
Date:          Sat, 24 Feb 1996 10:54:54 -0600
From:          "Robert J. Hoard" <[log in to unmask]>
To:            Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       Positions, summer, full-time

Bob requested that I cross-post this on Histarch.

I am sending this message at the request of the Missouri Highway and
Transportation Department, please do not contact me for applications or
other information.  Use the address and phone number at the end of this
announcement.  I apologize for multiple postings of this that you may
receive.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                              Summer Positions

         Missouri Highway and Transportation Department (MHTD)

Several full-time, temporary positions will be available this summer with
the Missouri Highway and Transportation Department's Cultural Resources
Unit.  The employment period will be from May through August, 1996.  The
positions require completion of at least one year of college coursework in
history, architectural history, or anthropology/archaeology or related
disciplines.  Also, all candidates must intend to return to school in the
fall.  Duties will include background research, Phase I, Phase II, and
Phase III cultural resources investigations, preparations and analysis of
artifacts, and preparation of material needed for the evaluation of
historic structures.  Most positions will be directed toward
archaeological work, other positions may be dedicated to historical
architecture and/or historical investigations.

The cultural resources unit of MHTD is based in Jefferson City, the
state's capital.  Frequent travel, using state-owned vehicles, within
the state of Missouri from Jefferson City is required.  Employees will
need to have sufficient funds to cover travel expenses (meals and
lodging) until they are reimbursed around the middle of the following
month.  Wages will vary from $6.15 to $9.15 hourly, based on education
and experience.

Individuals interested in applying should request an application from:

Missouri Highway and Transportation Department
Human Resources Division
P.O. Box 270
Jefferson City, Missouri  65102
(573) 751-9200

All applicants also will be required to send a vitae/resume and a copy of
their college transcripts.  Drug testing is mandatory before hiring.

       Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m., April 15, 1996

MHTD is an equal opportunity employer, protected classes are urged to apply.