HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dale May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 11:13:15 PDT
Mark,

Some really intersting info would involve the
quantity of alcohol bottles on work camp and
civilian sites formerly occupied by religious
groups.  I am thinking on comments passed on
to me at the Kansas City SHA Conference regard-
ing whiskey bottles found at the stone quarry
for the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City.

As I reminded Anita et al, we must not lose
track of the fact that some of the less
expensive bulk alcohol was shipped in wooden
casks.  The sole remnants would be barrel hoops
and spigots, assuming they were not made from
wood.

Ron May  c/o