HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Trinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 17:08:20 -0400
We have recently identified a burial, thought to be of an African American,
in the midst of an early-eighteenth century plantation slave settlement in
the coastal plain of South Carolina.

I am not familiar with any reported instances of burials being identified in
the settlement area and would appreciate any information others might have on
similar parallels.

Please realize, this is not a cemetery. It is simply one isolated burial in
the immediate area of the slave settlement or street.

Since I imagine that this isn't of special interest to the list in general,
please feel free to contact me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance.

Mike Trinkley
Chicora Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 8664