From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 10:52:43 +0000
> Hi Bee Folks!
>
> first let me appoligize if this is inappropriate to make this post to this
> list.  Sorry!

I don't know why you are posting this to the hand lotion, furniture
polish and  and SPAM discussion group ;)

Welcome - I hope we can help.

This is *not* inappropriate.  It is in fact the first post in many
relating to bees and beekeeping on this list.

> My EDU. server will not let me have access to the other Bee
> news groups wher this may be more apporpriate, but...

Please email if you know of other beekeeping lists.  I'd be
interested.

> I am looking for a used, motorized Stainless steel, radial extractor which can
> handle about 5-6 frames at a time in good condition.  I have contacted many of
> the suppliers and have come up with only huge commercial extractors for sale.

You may have trouble finding what you want in stainless steel. but
there are tons of old galvanized four frame hand crank units out there for $50
that can be converted to power with a furnace fan motor.  If you get
one, I'll give you details.

there is nothing wrong with galvanized if you don't leave honey
sitting in it.  Honey coats the surface and the rest of the honey
touches only that coating.  Then later when you wash it with *cold*
water, the honey that has touched the metal goes down the drain -
not that it is particularly contaminated with zinc.

> If anyone has one in good condition, please contact me personally through my
> E-mail address.

Classified ads in Gleanings, ABJ and Speedy Bee are only about $10/issue and
really pull results.  They take credit card payment over the phone or
fax.  You might try there.

> P.S. Is there a central source for used bee keeping equipment in the U.S.that
> I don't know about?

The classifieds.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                    VE6CFK
Rural Route One, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada  T0M 1Y0
Honey. Bees, Art, & Futures <http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka>