Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 16:46:43 -0500
From Andy Nachbaur
>Don't know if you have read this, but if not you may find it of
>interest. From my own experience with bees and given as at my last talk
>with at the American Beekeeping Federation at Las Vegas Jan. 1989 I
>think. As for "PMS" thats pure USDA government regulatory bee
>science... And in my opinion a real example of "BS" and not Bee Science.

        Andy's message was very interesting and also very sad, Jean's first
comment was that he needs a hug! What a pity life gets to the point when we
treat our bees like human slum landlords treat some of their tennants. We
don't like what they do how can we like it for the bees. Obvoiusly bees were
never meant to be kept in these close proximities with such limited forage,
but dollars and progress will always dictate. I have nothing against profit
and doing business, and especially in this economy we all need all the
business we can get, I just find it sad that bees are subjected to this type
of environment. I still stand by an original view "Don't make the bees do
what Mother Nature never intended for them to do". I don't believe, that
jamming too many hives in too small a space makes for good beekeeping!! A
final point, if the humane societies got hold of some beekeepers they would
be put out of business. Just my opinion.
   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1.*
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks          *