From:
"Mark D. Egloff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 11:04:30 EST
     Gentlepeople:
     I have been silent on the list for some time but, despite the near
     record cold in OHIO, now it is close to the time to begin getting
     ready for spring and a question has raised itself.

     I have read that feeding syrup in the colder weather should be of a
     2:1 concentration...but, I also read that spring feeding should be 1:1
     concentration.  Another dilemna.

     I am getting ready to spring feed with syrup and Fumidil and would
     like to glean some of your experiences.

     Does it really matter what the concentration of the syrup?

     If it does, what determines what concentration one should use at what
     time of year?

     An additional question regards the shelf life of Terra.  Last year I
     mixed some terrapatties using vegetable shortening and a package of
     terra.  The patties I did not use I put in the deep freeze and have
     kept them there since last spring.  Would they still be good?

     Last question:  With what pollen patty mixture recipes have you had
     success?

     Thanks loads for all the good information.
     Mark Egloff