From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 21:31:23 -0500
Dave Eyre wonders why his Southern friends cannot enjoy the benefits of
Formic Acid.

The reason is called bureaucracy, regulation, protecting the health of the
public, or whatever you want to call it.   Distilled to its essence, the use
of Formic Acid as a mite control agent is still illegal in the United States
(If anybody has heard to the contrary, please post the news).

Believe me, I'd love to see Formic Acid mite treatments become legal in this
country.

Having a good idea banned by regulation works both ways:   I understand that
using Ethylene Dioxide for fumigating American Foulbrood contaminated
equipment is illegal in Canada, while I have been using fumigated equipment
quite successfully.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD