HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nicole Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:58:07 -0400
Hi,
  My name is Nicole Carroll and I am a graduate student at William and Mary.
I am doing research for my thesis and other papers and could use some help,
if possible.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any past or current research
or writings on Maroon Societies and their presentation in museums.  Besides
Agorsah's sites, what other archaeology has been done?  Are there any
archaeological artifacts of Maroons in any U.S. or Latin American museums?
Also what studies have been done in regards to the presentation of
archaeological artifacts of slaves in museums and other public mediums?  I
would really appreciate any suggestions, as I am still at the beginning
stages of my research. Thank You.

Nicole Carroll