HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David J. Welch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 18:35:31 -1000
Aloha, Robin
You are right, there is not a typology out there that is adequate.  The two
you mentioned are not really typologies either, they are just the
collections from particular sites.  You will find that once you start to
classify your bottles, more than likely, they will not fall into categories
in the publications out there that often.  I have been working on this for
some time, I will have my organization finished within the next year.  I
will have typologies for finishes, bases, and bottles, both type and
manufacturing processes.  Geographic origins will be included for those
possible.  I am including all the collections I have encountered here in the
Pacific, and all of those in other publications that I did not encounter
here.  If you are in the process, please feel free to communicate.
                        Aloha, Celeste