From:
Laura Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 19:16:44 -0500
Liz,

   I agree with you.  There is a lot of good information in BEE-L.  Perhaps
if the scientists would like to start another list, that would be best for
them.  There is a lot of technical information that they would like to share
amongst themselves (and any others who choose to subscribe to their list)
that hobbyists might not be interested in.  If any scientists were interested
in subscribing to the hobbyist list, they would have that option as well.

   I've learned a lot from reading the messages here.  Its much more
informative than any other source I have access to, except for maybe my
Extension Agent at the local university.  <g>

   I knew of this mailing list from a "list of lists" that I had downloaded.
 When I initially read the description, I did not subscribe to it.  It
sounded as if it was a scientific/technical list, something that I am
personally not interested in.  Beekeeping is only a hobby for me.  It wasn't
until a friend told me that this list dealt with hobbyist information that I
subscribed to it.

   I don't mind seeing a particular topic crop up here more than once.
 Mailing lists are not static.  Subscribers come and go.  The flow of the
messages follows the flow of the subscribers.  Also, answers change with new
discoveries in the field of beekeeping.  Its nice to have FAQ's available,
but its also nice to allow someone to ask a question that might have been
asked before they subscribed to the list (I've seen a complaint about this
before.).

Laura