HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Trinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 11:53:29 -0400
Please excuse this cross posting, but I hope to reach as many individuals
working in Alabama as possible.

I am part of a group preparing a historic (and prehistoric, as appropriate)
cemetery/grave yard context for Alabama. I would be very interested in
hearing from anyone with ideas or comments concerning the significance of
cemeteries/grave yards/graves in Alabama archaeology/history.

I would be interested in hearing from archaeologists and historians
concerning how they routinely treat historic cemeteries, the range of
cemetery resources they have encountered, their experiences dealing with
regulatory agencies when involved in compliance studies.

I realize that this is a fairly open-ended query, but my goal is to encourage
individuals to respond, not to limit the nature the topic or direction of
that response. So please, if you have comments, offer them. Without your
expressed permission to quote, all comments will be considered confidential.

I would prefer that comments be provided off-list, to minimize the disruption
to those not interested, but I leave that to the individuals responding.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Michael Trinkley, Ph.D.
Director